Learn how to use the discrete rate (rate-based) capabilities of ExtendSim Pro.
Discrete rate modeling simulates rates of flow that change when events occur. This is the most common, and most efficient, method of modeling high-speed, high-volume systems such as packaging lines, mining operations, the manufacturing of powders and fluids, chemical processes, and so forth.
This one-and-a-half day course explores each block in the Rate module and presents modeling techniques such as:
- Sources, storage, and units.
- Defining rates and critical constraints.
- Methods for merging and diverging flow.
- Control logic, including goals, hysteresis, shifts, and changeovers.
- Mixing flow and items, such as for filling and palletizing operations.
Note: If paying with a company purchase order, please register for this course on the Imagine That Inc. Training Registration site, then submit your PO to Training@ExtendSim.com.
Who Should Attend
Modelers of high-speed, high-volume operations.
Completion of the Essential ExtendSim Training class or, on instructor's approval, a comparable proficiency in ExtendSim. This requirement is absolutely necessary before taking this course.
Course Materials Supplied for In-Person Course
- Laptop computer for each attendee's use.
- Course manual with case studies.
- Solution files for all case studies and exercises.
- Certificate of Completion.