If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
Rate-Based Modeling Training
Learn how to use the discrete rate (rate-based) capabilities of ExtendSim Pro.
Discrete rate modeling simulates rates of flow that change when events occur. This is the most common, and most efficient, method of modeling high-speed, high-volume systems such as packaging lines, mining operations, the manufacturing of powders and fluids, chemical processes, and so forth.
This one-and-a-half day course explores each block in the Rate module and presents modeling techniques such as:
- Sources, storage, and units.
- Defining rates and critical constraints.
- Methods for merging and diverging flow.
- Control logic, including goals, hysteresis, shifts, and changeovers.
- Mixing flow and items, such as for filling and palletizing operations.
Note: If paying with a company purchase order, please register for this course on the Imagine That Inc. Training Registration site, then submit your PO to Training@ExtendSim.com.
Who Should Attend
Modelers of high-speed, high-volume operations.
Completion of the Essential ExtendSim Training class or, on instructor's approval, a comparable proficiency in ExtendSim. This requirement is absolutely necessary before taking this course.
Course Materials Supplied for In-Person Course
- Laptop computer for each attendee's use.
- Course manual with case studies.
- Solution files for all case studies and exercises.
- Certificate of Completion.