NOTE: DO NOT REACTIVATE YOUR LICENSE UNTIL WE SEND YOU INSTRUCTIONS!
Use this portal to renew your annual Maintenance & Support Plan (MSP).
- Select the package and type of license you are renewing.
- Enter your 16-digit ExtendSim Activation Key including dashes.
Once you’ve completed your purchase, you will receive 2 emails:
"ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your renewal.
"ExtendSim Maintenance & Support Plan renewed..." will arrive within one business day and:
- Confirms the License Management System has been updated with the new MSP.
- Provides details on reactivating your license to reflect the updated MSP date.
Maintenance & Support Plan Benefits
As long as the Maintenance & Support Plan (MSP) is kept current you can:
- Receive technical support for basic usage and troubleshooting questions such as:
- Assistance for software download, installation, and setup.
- General guidance regarding ExtendSim features and usage.
- Referrals to example models and documentation to explain concepts and features.
- Simple sample models on a limited basis.
- Answering questions related to documentation or example models.
- An overview of methods to achieve efficient and optimal model performance.
- Basic assistance in troubleshooting unexpected model behavior.
- Download free ExtendSim minor release updates.
- Download free ExtendSim major release upgrades.
- Move your ExtendSim license from one device to another (if allowed by the EULA).
- Obtain replacement or updated Activation Keys.
- Experience, evaluate, and influence future products and features.
For the benefits to continue in subsequent years, the MSP must be renewed by the anniversary date of the license activation as shown on your About ExtendSim screen.
When you purchase ExtendSim, you are committing to an annual fee to maintain support and upgrades for the software. Renewal fees must be paid within 30 days of your renewal date. If your MSP expires, you will still be able to use ExtendSim to build and run models, but:
- Free upgrades to major releases are no longer an option.
- Software updates will no longer be accessible to an expired license.
- You will not be able to move or reinstall your license as replacement activation keys only work on current software.
- You can still access Technical Support, however it is no longer free and must be purchased on a Per-Incident Basis.
Reinstatement penalties will be incurred to reactivate the license. In all cases of reinstatement, the Maintenance & Support Plan will be back-dated to the original expiration date.
Reinstating an expired MSP
Renewing up to 30 days after the expiration date.
Between 30 and 365 days past expiration.
The plan can be reinstated upon payment of a reinstatement surcharge of 15% of the renewal fee in addition to the annual MSP fee.
1 to 2 years past its expiration date.
The plan can be reinstated upon payment of a reinstatement surcharge of 50% of the renewal fee in addition to all past due MSP charges.
2 to 3 years past its expiration date.
After a 2-year lapse, the Maintenance & Support Plan is terminated. We offer a 25% discount toward the purchase of an equivalent new license. A new MSP will go into effect based on the new purchase date.
More than 3 years past its expiration date.
The Maintenance & Support Plan is terminated. You must purchase a new license at list price.
In all cases of reinstatement, the MSP will be back-dated to the original renewal date.