If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
The ultimate simulation tool! ExtendSim Pro adds discrete rate, reliability block diagramming (RBD), and other advanced modeling technologies to ExtendSim DE.
Your Purchase Includes
Once you’ve completed your purchase, you will receive 2 emails from us:
- "ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your purchase.
- "ExtendSim Download & Activation Details" email containing:
- A secure link to download your ExtendSim package consisting of:
- ExtendSim Pro installer. (Note: When you install ExtendSim, be sure to launch the installer with Admin privileges.)
- Installation Instructions.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the installation process.
- Your Activation Key.
Event Cycles Options • RECs
Event Cycles (also known as failure modes) describe a resource's availability behavior over time. To accurately model resource and system availability in ExtendSim Pro, you statistically define Reliability Event Cycles (RECs) to represent failures, repairs, shifts, and maintenance events.
RECs are stored in an internal RBD database that uses the reliability distributions to control how components (resources) move between their up and down states over time. Since they are stored in database tables, importing event cycles that have been defined in an external data source is also supported. This makes it easy to scale up the number of event cycles used to support a model.
By default, ExtendSim Pro provides the ability to define up to 100 RECs per model, which is sufficient for most applications. If you need more RECs you can purchase ExtendSim Pro outright with either 1000 or an unlimited number of RECs or you can purchase bundles of additional RECs as you need them:
includes 100 RECs
with 1000 RECs
with unlimited RECs
If you purchase the standard ExtendSim Pro or ExtendSim Pro with 1000 RECs, as your business grows and your model requires more event cycles, you can purchase additional REC's for your ExtendSim Pro product:
|Individual Pro||Node-Locked Pro|
|Add up to 1000 Event Cycles||$2,500
|Add unlimited Event Cycles||$5,000
Note: adding Event Cycles does not affect your annual Maintenance & Support Plan renewal fee. This is a flat fee for ExtendSim 10.
If it's just you using ExtendSim, or if multiple simulationists will be using ExtendSim full or almost full time, order an Individual license for each user's device.
If you have multiple simulationists, but only want to install ExtendSim on one device (eg. a computer in a secure environment), you need a Node-Locked license. The Node-Locked license allows multiple ExtendSim users to work sequentially on a single device.
If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available in the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly through Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
Maintenance and Support Plan
Keep your software investment up to date and get the support you need with an annual Maintenance and Support Plan (MSP). The first year of the annual MSP is included with your purchase of ExtendSim Pro. That's an $899 value!
As long as the MSP is kept current, you can:
- Get help with installation issues, basic usage questions, and troubleshooting of the ExtendSim application.
- Download free ExtendSim minor release updates.
- Download free ExtendSim major release upgrades.
- Move your ExtendSim license from one device to another (if allowed by the EULA).
- Obtain replacement or updated Activation Keys.
- Experience, evaluate, and influence future products and features.
For the benefits to continue in subsequent years, the MSP must be renewed by the anniversary of ExtendSim Pro 10 license activation or other pre-determined date.
Please visit Maintenance & Support Plan on the ExtendSim site for complete details.
Pro Advanced Capabilities
This package offers advanced technology that includes yet goes beyond the typical continuous or discrete event modeling capabilities of other simulation applications. It adds:
- Discrete Rate Module -- to simulate systems that involve tanks, levels, and valves, plus modeling of the storage and rate-based movement of system components.
- Reliability Block Diagramming (RBD) tool that forms a powerful synergy between the process simulation power of ExtendSim and detailed reliability analysis offered by reliability block diagramming. The Reliability module can be used as either a standalone RBD tool or in conjunction with ExtendSim process simulation capabilities.
- The Excel Add-In for ExtendSim databases allows you to completely specify a new ExtendSim database in Excel, including parent/child relationships, cell randomization, named distributions, and more. Then export the database for use in ExtendSim models.
- Stat::Fit® (from Geer Mountain) to determine which distributions, if any, offer a good fit for the underlying data.
- Connectivity with Oracle — import data from or export data to an Oracle database.
- Plus, all the features and capabilities of ExtendSim DE and ExtendSim CP.
Please visit the ExtendSim site for more details on ExtendSim Pro.
Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your computer have a powerful central processing unit (CPU). The processor should be as fast as possible and it must be 64-bit.
ExtendSim 10 is multi-threaded and takes advantage of multiple cores when running multiple models at the same time. However, when running a single model (even running it multiple times), it is more important to have cores with a faster processing speed rather than simply having more cores.
For detailed specs, please see System Requirements on the ExtendSim web site.