The Analysis RunTime version is a cost-effective way to access ExtendSim functionality - perform experimentation, optimization, and analysis - without having to purchase the full model developer license. You, your colleagues, and your clients can use it to do any of the following:
- Interactively run pre-built models, change settings, view the animation, explore the results, and save changes. (1)
- Off-load time-intensive experiments, optimization, and analysis onto secondary computers. (1)
- Remotely cause models to run on auxiliary computers and send data back and forth between computers and/or applications. (2)
- Use it as a back-end application for a custom user interface that is also running on your computer (Use ExtendSim Cloud to run simulations over an intranet or the Internet) (2)
1. Models must have been built in a Model Developer Edition of ExtendSim; ie. ExtendSim Pro, ExtendSim DE, or ExtendSim CP.
2. Running models remotely or using ExtendSim as a back-end application requires programming. ExtendSim includes the hooks to allow it to be controlled as an Automation (ActiveX/COM) server. The language you use to program, such as Visual Basic, can use ActiveX/COM to control ExtendSim.
Your Purchase Includes
Once you’ve completed your purchase, you will receive 2 emails from us:
"ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your purchase.
"ExtendSim Download & Activation Details" email containing:
- A secure link to download your ExtendSim ART package consisting of:
- ExtendSim Analysis RunTime installer. (Note: When you install ART, be sure to launch the installer with Admin privileges.)
- Installation Instructions.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the installation process.
- Your Activation Key.
If it's just you using Analysis RunTime, or if multiple analysts will be using ExtendSim full or almost full time, order an Individual license for each user's device.
If you have multiple analysts, but only want to install ExtendSim on one device (eg. a computer in a secure environment), you need a Node-Locked license. The Node-Locked license allows multiple Analysis RunTime users to work sequentially on a single device.
If there are 3 or more who use Analysis RunTime part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows Analysis RunTime to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out Analysis RunTime from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available in the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly through Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
Analysis RunTime (ART) Capabilities & Features
- Run models built in ExtendSim Pro, ExtendSim DE, and ExtendSim CP.
- Change settings in the models, save the changes, print, import data, export data, run Optimization, and run Scenario Analysis.
- Add records and fields to existing ExtendSim databases or create new databases to manage and store results.
- Call COM DLLs and use COM for control of/by other applications. This includes building and/or running models remotely using external programs to script model changes.
- Reads custom libraries that have been converted into runtime format (.lbrrt), so they can't be used to build models.
- Includes regular (.lbr) and runtime (.lbrrt) versions of all the libraries shipped with ExtendSim Pro.
- Unlimited Event Cycles for Reliability Block Diagramming (RBD) using the Reliability module.
- There are no limits to the size of the model, how many runs, how long the runs are, or how long you can use the license (this is not an expiring type of license).
Limitations of ART
- Models must have been built in a Model Developer Edition of ExtendSim (Pro, DE, or CP).
- Does not allow the manual building of models or blocks, nor can one manually change the configuration of the model.
- Does not include example models or include files.
- Running models remotely with the Analysis RunTime will require programming.
- Model support comes from the model's developer.
Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your computer have a powerful central processing unit (CPU). The processor should be as fast as possible and it must be 64-bit.
ExtendSim 10 is multi-threaded and takes advantage of multiple cores when running multiple models at the same time. However, when running a single model (even running it multiple times), it is more important to have cores with a faster processing speed rather than simply having more cores.
For detailed specs, please see System Requirements on the ExtendSim web site.