March 6 to 8, 2019 • Scottsdale, AZ USA
Create custom components in the ExtendSim development environment plus learn how to maximize usage of equation-based blocks. ExtendSim provides both an internal programming language and API. These two integrated features allow you to create custom modules and capabilities for ExtendSim, including accessing code written in external languages.
In this course, you will learn:
- ModL code overview
- ModL structure, system variables, and global variables
- Creating a custom block, with icon, connectors, tabbed dialog, and Help text
- Using common predefined functions
- Understanding messages and message handlers
- Understanding the continuous & discrete event architecture
- Working with event posting code
- Adding animation to block dialogs, block icons, and hierarchical blocks
- Interacting with dialog items and database tables
- Tips for enhancing block dialogs and capabilities
- Problem solving using the Source Code Debugger
Students will start by building an ExtendSim block and storing it in a library. During the course, you will add features to the ExtendSim block as you delve deeper into the development environment. After taking this course, you should have sufficient knowledge to create custom components and features in ExtendSim.
Note: If paying with a company purchase order, please contact Imagine That Inc. to register for training.