October 16 to 20, 2017 • San Jose, CA USA
Basics of discrete event simulation will be covered plus you'll get an essential understanding of the ExtendSim architecture. By the end of the course, you will feel confident in building ExtendSim models and have your eyes opened to the powerful tools that can be quickly used for in-depth model analysis.
- Understanding fundamental simulation concepts
- Learning the basic item handling blocks and using key value handling blocks
- Working with item properties, such as attributes and priorities
- Routing, plus batching and unbatching items
- Presentation features including hierarchy, cloning, and 2D animation
- Resource Management using the Resource Pool and Resource Item methods
- Understanding basic simulation statistics
- Working with Equation blocks
- Creating, editing, and accessing an ExtendSim database
- Learning validation and verification techniques
- Scenario Manager
- Data management and exchange with an ExtendSim database
- Debugging and troubleshooting
Students will build, run, and analyze a model the very first day of this course. The rest of the week will be spent exploring modeling components and concepts as students apply these concepts to a class project while being coached by the instructor. The students then learn and apply more advanced concepts to the model to understand appropriate analysis techniques. The focus is on discrete event modeling, but the class is also essential for new rate-based modelers.
Note: If paying with a company purchase order, please contact Imagine That Inc. to register for training.