If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
ExtendSim Student 9
This prior release of ExtendSim has reached its End of Life (EOL) and is retired! Use only if your coursework requires you to use ExtendSim Student 9. The current version of ExtendSim Student is release 10.
Limited version of ExtendSim Suite 9 (prior release software) for student use in the classroom.
ExtendSim Student 9 was designed for students building models for classwork. It allows students to:
- Build and save small (75 blocks or less) models for classwork.
- Interactively run those models and other small models, change settings, view animation, and save simulation results.
- Print model worksheets, block dialogs, and so forth.
- Interactively run larger models in Player RunTime mode, change settings, view animation and see results (but you won't be able to save or print results of larger models).
Limitations of the Student version of ExtendSim
- The models you build are limited to a maximum of 75 blocks.
- Scripting cannot be used to run models remotely.
- This version is licensed only for your personal use on a single computer.
- The Student version may not be used for commercial purposes, including consulting or research that is subsidized by a private or government enterprise.
- There is no upgrade path and technical support is limited to installation questions.
- Models built and saved in a Trial version of ExtendSim 10 cannot be opened in the Student version of 9 or 10. ExtendSim Student can only open models built in an activated Model Developer Edition license or from another Student version.
System Requirements for ExtendSim Student 9
|Central Processing Unit||Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your computer have a powerful central processing unit (CPU).
Furthermore, as release 9 does not support multiple processors, fewer cores with faster processing speeds will execute simulations faster than more cores.
|Operating System Requirements||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
NOTE: for Windows OS versions prior to 8.1, text in dialogs may overlap if you use anything other than 100% for the display’s Scale and Layout.
|RAM||512 MB; 2 GB RAM recommended|
|Hard Disk Space||500 MB|
|Processor||Pentium 4 or better processor
|Browser||A current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox is required for product updates.|