If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
ExtendSim CP 9
This prior release of ExtendSim has reached its End of Life (EOL) and is retired! Use only if your colleagues are still using ExtendSim 9 or you need to maintain your model in ExtendSim 9. Please upgrade to the current release of ExtendSim 10 as soon as you can.
Note: Maintenance & Support Plans (MSP) cannot be purchased for retired software and upgrades to ExtendSim 10 must be purchased at the full upgrade price.
ExtendSim CP is the cornerstone of the ExtendSim family of simulation tools. It has a set of core features that are included in all ExtendSim products, plus specialized constructs for modeling continuous processes.
Use ExtendSim CP to model the behavior of any process where time or values are recalculated at each periodic step. The package includes a Value library of components for performing continuous modeling tasks. For custom applications, the internal development environment allows you to create fully integrated, custom components to fit any need.
- Graphical simulation package for general purpose continuous modeling.
- Simulates continuous, time-based processes, typically in the fields of business, science, or engineering.
- Drag and drop user interface.
- Interactive dialogs, controls, alerts, and user prompts, even during the simulation run.
- Internal relational database to store, manage, and report data, providing a foundation for building complex, scalable models.
- Unlimited levels of hierarchy - Organize models into easily-recognized components by encapsulating model sections into hierarchical blocks. Store these hierarchical constructs into libraries and reuse them in other models. Models will be easier to understand, navigate, and highly scalable.
- Clones - Create exact copies of dialog items, tables, or graphs which behave identical to the original through cloning. It's just like placing a shortcut or alias on a model worksheet or notebook. Perfect for creating a dashboard or centralized location for making changes or displaying inputs and results.
- Navigator for jumping through model structure.
- Import/export and dynamic linking between model data and internal and external data sources such as spreadsheets.
- Authoring environment for creating customized interactive user interfaces including animation.
- Notebooks for organizing and managing a model’s information. Clone objects onto these customizable windows, insert text, tables, graphs, drawing objects, and paste pictures. Use one or create multiple tabbed Notebooks to control model parameters, report simulation results, and document each model.
- Customizable 2D animation.
- Built-in Optimizer for determining optimum parameter values.
- Equation blocks for entering logical statements, writing compound conditions, and specifying loops without programming. Use it to directly access the ExtendSim API. The Equation block has its own code editor, debugger, compiler, and supports include directives.
- A built-in IDE for creating custom components -- API, compiler, source code editor and debugger, dialog editor, graphical UI builder, include files, extensions, Active X controls, COM, and more.
- Continuous Process, Monte Carlo, Agent Based, and State/Action modeling.
- Development environment optimized for simulation, with over 1,000 built-in functions.
Note: For modeling discrete event processes, please consider ExtendSim DE or ExtendSim Pro.
|Computer and Processor||Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your computer have a powerful central processing unit (CPU). Furthermore, as release 9 does not support multiple processors, fewer cores with faster processing speeds will execute simulations faster than more cores. Requires a Pentium 4 or better processor.|
|Operating System Requirements||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Vista.|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|Hard Disk Space||300 MB|