If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
ExtendSim Student is designed for students building models for classwork. It allows students to:
- Build and save small (75 blocks or less) models for classwork.
- Interactively run those models and other small models, change settings, view animation, and save simulation results.
- Utilize advanced ExtendSim technology such as Optimization, the Scenario Manager, built-in databases, ability to build custom blocks, etc.
- Have access to all ExtendSim libraries - Item, Value, Rate, Reliability, etc. - for model building and running.
- Use scripting to build or change small models and to move blocks on a worksheet.
- Print model worksheets, block dialogs, and so forth.
- Interactively run larger models in Player RunTime mode, change settings, view animation and see results (but you won't be able to save or print results of larger models).
Note: If your university is an ExtendSim Adopter, additional discounts may apply. Talk to your professor to find out if you are eligible.
Your Purchase Includes
Once you’ve completed your purchase, you will receive 2 emails from us:
- "ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your purchase.
- "ExtendSim Download & Activation Details" email containing:
- A secure link to download your ExtendSim package consisting of:
- ExtendSim Student installer. (Note: When you install ExtendSim, be sure to launch the installer with Admin privileges.)
- Installation Instructions.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the installation process.
- Your Activation Key.
Limitations of the Student version of ExtendSim
- The models you build are limited to a maximum of 75 blocks.
- ExtendSim Student opens all models with an "ExtendSim Student" watermark on the model worksheet. Models created in ExtendSim Student will maintain that watermark when opened in other ExtendSim licenses.
- Scripting cannot be used to run models remotely.
- This version is licensed only for your personal use on a single computer.
- The Student version may not be used for commercial purposes, including consulting or research that is subsidized by a private or government enterprise.
- There is no upgrade path and technical support is limited to installation questions.
- To activate ExtendSim Student, your device MUST have internet access. If a Student version cannot be activated automatically where the device is located, take the device to a location where automatic activation can take place. There is not an option for a manual activation of a Student version.
- Models built and saved in a Trial version of ExtendSim cannot be opened in the Student version. ExtendSim Student can only open models built in an activated Model Developer Edition license or from another Student version.
- A Trial version of ExtendSim CANNOT be converted into a Student version. And the Activation Key you receive when purchasing a Student version will NOT activate a Trial version.
- ExtendSim Student is only available here through the ExtendSim Store.
Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your computer have a powerful central processing unit (CPU). The processor should be as fast as possible and it must be 64-bit.
ExtendSim 10 is a Windows application. For detailed specifications, please see System Requirements on the ExtendSim web site.
If you are trying to use ExtendSim on a Macintosh computer, please see Running ExtendSim on a Macintosh computer.