If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
ExtendSim 9 Network License
This prior release of ExtendSim has reached its End of Life (EOL) and is retired! Use only if your colleagues are still using ExtendSim 9 or you need to maintain your model in ExtendSim 9. You must keep your Maintenance & Support Plan (MSP) current and upgrade to the current release of ExtendSim 10 as soon as you can.
This portal allows you to create a transaction which will provide you with a secure link to download ExtendSim 9 Network license files. You will use the Serial Number and Product Code acquired from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor for license activation.
The ExtendSim 9 Network License is a concurrent-user license that has the following features:
- Installs a TCP/IP based License Manager software on a Server.
- Manages the maximum number of ExtendSim users within a local or wide area network.
- Allows users to export or “check out” a license from the network for off-line usage (Client installations only).
- Gives information about the number, location, and identity of current Client users.
- Notifies Client computers when the maintenance renewal date has been reached.
- A Network license must be installed and used within a single, specified continent: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, or South America. (Unless you have purchased a Global license of ExtendSim.)
- Use over the internet is prohibited. See ExtendSim Cloud if you wish to provide access to ExtendSim over the internet.
Your Download Includes
Once you’ve completed your transaction, you will receive 2 emails from us:
- "ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your transaction.
- "ExtendSim Download & Activation Details" email containing:
- A secure link to download your ExtendSim package consisting of:
- ExtendSim 9 Network License Manager installer.
- ExtendSim 9 Network Client installer.
- Instructions for Installing & Activating an ExtendSim 9 Network License.
Important Information About Your Network License
- The ExtendSim Network License is a concurrent-user license for deployment of an ExtendSim product over a local and/or wide-area network.
- License Manager software is installed on a Server, is TCP/IP based, and runs as a Service to control the License.
- ExtendSim is typically installed on Client computers and must have access to the License Manager.
- To complete the License Manager installation, you must obtain a License Key. This could impact the installation process. License Keys are discussed in Step 8 of “License Manager Installation” on page 2 of the Installation Instructions.
- After you install the License Manager on the Server, you must choose whether to install ExtendSim on individual Client computers (typical) or on the Server (atypical). See “ExtendSim Installation” on page 2 of the Installation Instructions.
- You cannot install multiple ExtendSim Network Licenses (multiple License Managers) on a single Server.
- This Network License is only licensed for one installation and only one Server. See Note 6 on page 4 of the Installation Instructions for exceptions.
|Server||5 MB hard disk space
To allow Client access, port 8080 (or another port number if you changed from the default port) must be
unblocked on the Server’s firewall.
|Client||400 MB hard disk space.
512 MB RAM – 2 GB RAM recommended.
ExtendSim Serial Number, Product Name, and Product Code (provided by Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor).
Site.tmp file – received by email.
Either the Server’s IP address or its Domain Name.