If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available for purchase through the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly from Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
Analysis RunTime • Floating License
To purchase a Floating license of ExtendSim Analysis RunTime:
- Please enter your company name plus the name and email address of the person who will be managing your Floating license.
- Adjust the quantity to the number of users who will be accessing Analysis RunTime concurrently.
- Select Add To Cart and complete the purchasing process.
- In addition to the items you will receive as specified under "Your Download Includes" below, within one business day, you will receive an Activation Key from Imagine That Inc. to activate the License Manager on your Server.
About the ExtendSim Analysis RunTime (ART) Floating license
The ExtendSim ART Floating license is used for the deployment of ART to multiple analysts through native installation on multiple devices. ART may be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to the specified maximum number you purchase.
- Floating licenses are Client/Server based. Users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use, disconnecting it from the company network to work off-line for a period of time. Checked out licenses can easily be returned to the pool of licenses after reconnecting to the company network.
- A Floating license must be installed and used within a single, specified continent: Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, or South America. (Unless you have purchased a Global license of ExtendSim.)
- Use over the internet is prohibited. See ExtendSim Cloud if you wish to provide access to ExtendSim over the internet.
- For more details on how the Floating license is used, download the ExtendSim License Agreement.
Your Download Includes
Once you’ve completed your transaction, you will receive 3 emails:
- "ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your transaction.
- "ExtendSim Download & Activation Details" email containing:
- A secure link to download your Analysis RunTime package consisting of:
- ExtendSim Server License Manager Installer.
- Analysis RunTime Client installer.
- Instructions for Installing & Activating an ExtendSim Floating License.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Installing a Floating License.
- Within one business day, you will receive an Activation Key from Imagine That Inc. to activate the License Manager on your Server.
The ExtendSim Analysis RunTime application is installed on multiple computers and tied over the company’s network to a Server where License Manager Software (LMS) is installed. The LMS:
- Keeps track of the number of licenses concurrently in use or checked-out (roaming). When each person finishes using Analysis RunTime or checks the license back in, the LMS returns the license to the pool for others to use.
- Generates reports for analysis.
- Allows you to add more users without reinstalling the ExtendSim application or license management software.
- Notifies you when your maintenance renewal date has been reached.
- Enforces the license policy.
System Requirements for Analysis RunTime Client Licenses
Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your Client devices have a powerful central processing unit (CPU). The processor should be as fast as possible and it must be 64-bit.
ExtendSim 10 is multi-threaded and takes advantage of multiple cores when running multiple models at the same time. However, when running a single model (even running it multiple times), it is more important to have cores with a faster processing speed rather than simply having more cores.
For detailed specs, please see System Requirements on the ExtendSim web site.
Server Requirements for the Floating License Manager
|Operating System Requirements||Windows 11, 10, 8.1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2.
ExtendSim 10 requires the 64-bit version of whichever operating system you are using.
|Hard Disk Space||100 MB|
|To Allow Client Access||Port 5054 (registered to Reprise License Manager) must be unblocked on the Server's firewall.|
|Browser||Server must have the ability to communicate with the ExtendSim License Manager through a browser.|
|For automated activation...||Internet access is required. If the Server has no internet access, or if your system blocks the License Manager from receiving encoded data from the internet, product activation can be accomplished manually.|
Installing & Activating an Analysis RunTime Floating License
Analysis RunTime Floating licenses are concurrent-user Client/Server configurations that can be self-installed and automatically activated over the internet (or processed manually if internet activation is not available).
The ExtendSim Analysis RunTime Floating License Manager is installed on a TCP/IP based Server and runs as a Service controlling the number of concurrent users over a network. The License Manager is activated using a numeric Activation Key that is specific for your Floating license. Activation can be accomplished automatically over the internet or, if internet activation is not available, processed manually.
The Floating license permits the Analysis RunTime application and files to be installed on any number of Client devices anywhere on the network as long as they can communicate with the License Manager. These Client devices can also use a checked out (roaming) license of ExtendSim when disconnected from the network. However, simultaneous usage of Analysis RunTime is limited by the number of concurrent users purchased when you purchase the Floating license.
Be sure to follow the comprehensive installation instructions in the document Installing & Activating • Floating Licenses.