ExtendSim CP is the cornerstone of the ExtendSim family of simulation tools. It has a set of core features that are included in all ExtendSim products, plus specialized constructs for modeling continuous processes.
Your Purchase Includes
Once you’ve completed your purchase, you will receive 2 emails from us:
"ExtendSim Order #050..." is your invoice containing details of your purchase.
"ExtendSim Download & Activation Details" email containing:
- A secure link to download your ExtendSim package consisting of:
- ExtendSim CP installer. (Note: When you install ExtendSim, be sure to launch the installer with Admin privileges.)
- Installation Instructions.
- Frequently Asked Questions for the installation process.
- Your Activation Key.
If it's just you using ExtendSim, or if multiple simulationists will be using ExtendSim full or almost full time, order an Individual license for each user's device.
If you have multiple simulationists, but only want to install ExtendSim on one device (eg. a computer in a secure environment), you need a Node-Locked license. The Node-Locked license allows multiple ExtendSim users to work sequentially on a single device.
If there are 3 or more who use ExtendSim part time rather than regularly, a Floating license could be more cost effective than multiple Individual licenses. The Floating license allows ExtendSim to be installed on any number of computers, with concurrent usage restricted to a specified maximum number (you choose how many). It is Client/Server based and users can check out ExtendSim from the network for remote use. Floating licenses are not available in the ExtendSim Store and must be ordered directly through Imagine That Inc. or your ExtendSim Distributor.
Maintenance and Support Plan
Keep your software investment up to date and get the support you need with an annual Maintenance and Support Plan (MSP). The first year of the annual MSP is included with your purchase of ExtendSim CP. That's an $199 value!
As long as the MSP is kept current, you can:
- Get help with installation issues, basic usage questions, and troubleshooting of the ExtendSim application.
- Download free ExtendSim minor release updates.
- Download free ExtendSim major release upgrades.
- Move your ExtendSim license from one device to another (if allowed by the EULA).
- Obtain replacement or updated Activation Keys.
- Experience, evaluate, and influence future products and features.
For the benefits to continue in subsequent years, the MSP must be renewed by the anniversary of ExtendSim CP 10 license activation or other pre-determined date.
Please visit Maintenance & Support Plan on the ExtendSim site for complete details.
ExtendSim CP is a Model Developer Edition in which you can create and build models and interfaces, change values and settings, run simulations and animations, perform experiments, do analysis and optimization, save and export results. Please visit the ExtendSim site for more details on ExtendSim CP.
For even more simulation technology:
- Consider ExtendSim DE for modeling discrete event systems in addition to continuous processes.
- Add discrete rate technology and reliability block diagramming components to ExtendSim in addition to discrete event and continuous capability by purchasing ExtendSim Pro.
Since simulation is processor-intensive, we recommend that your computer have a powerful central processing unit (CPU). The processor should be as fast as possible and it must be 64-bit.
ExtendSim 10 is multi-threaded and takes advantage of multiple cores when running multiple models at the same time. However, when running a single model (even running it multiple times), it is more important to have cores with a faster processing speed rather than simply having more cores.
For detailed specs, please see System Requirements on the ExtendSim web site.