Note: If your university is an ExtendSim Adopter and/or has an Academic Network license of ExtendSim on campus, please be sure you download the correct release of ExtendSim Student. Some universities are still using ExtendSim 9 for the Winter/Spring 2019 session. Please check with your professor if you are unsure which release you should be using.
This version of ExtendSim is designed for students building models for classwork. It allows students to:
- Build and save small (75 blocks or less) models for a limited time (180 days).
- Run larger models, change parameters, view simulation results, and save the changes.
- Print model worksheet, block dialogs, and so forth.
However, there are some limitations:
- The models you build are limited to a maximum of 75 blocks.
- The model-building capability expires 180 days after installation. (Note: model-running capability does not expire.)
- You may not use scripting or ActiveX automation to run or construct a model
- This version is licensed only for your personal use on a single computer.
- The Student version may not be used for commercial purposes, including consulting or research that is subsidized by a private or government enterprise.
- There is no upgrade path and technical support is limited to installation questions.
See the ExtendSim License Agreement for complete terms.
Operating Systems & Purchasing Information
Versions of ExtendSim Student are available for both Windows and Macintosh operating systems. By clicking on "Add To Cart" below, you will be downloading the Windows version:
- If ordering the Physical Product + Download, a CD containing the software will be shipped to you as well as an optional download link emailed to you. (Note: shipping charges will apply to send the Physical Product.)
- If you are using Macintosh OS X 10.7 or newer, please download this Windows version of ExtendSim Student and use Boot Camp Assistant (or similar application) to run the Windows version of ExtendSim Student on your Mac.
- The Macintosh version of ExtendSim Student runs only on OS X 10.6.8 and earlier systems.
Electronic versions of the ExtendSim User Guide and Developer Reference are included in the download.
Discounts for students and educators are available. (Contact Imagine That Inc. to see if you qualify.)
After purchase, you will receive an email with the download link and ExtendSim serial number. The download link will expire after 1 year or 5 download attempts so please make a back up copy of the installer file you download.