The ExtendSim Analysis RunTime license is a cost-effective way to access advanced ExtendSim functionality, without having to purchase the full version of ExtendSim.
Use it to do one or all of the following:
- Interactively run pre-built models, change settings and explore the results, view the animation, and save changes. (1)
- Off-load time-intensive experiments, optimization, and analysis onto secondary computers. (1 , 2)
- Remotely cause models to run on auxiliary computers and send data back and forth between computers and/or applications. (2 , 3)
- Use it as a back-end application for a custom user interface that is also running on your computer (Use the ASP version to run simulations over an intranet or the Internet) (3)
Note the following:
1. Models must have been built in a Model Developer Edition (full version) of ExtendSim.
2. Requires one Analysis RunTime license per computer.
3. Running models remotely or using ExtendSim as a back-end application requires programming. ExtendSim has the hooks to allow it to be controlled as an Automation (ActiveX/COM) server. The language you use to program, such as Visual Basic, can use ActiveX/COM to control ExtendSim.
Capabilities and Limitations of the Analysis RunTime
- There are no limits to the size of the model you can run in the Analysis RunTime, how many runs you can do, how long the runs are, or how long you can use the license (this is not an expiring type of license).
- Change settings in any model, save the changes, print, import data, export data, run Optimization, and run Scenario Analysis.
- The Analysis RunTime can call COM DLLs and use COM for control of/by other applications.
- Limitations: The Analysis RunTime does not allow the building of models or of blocks, nor can one change the configuration of the model.
Note: ExtendSim 9 Analysis RunTime will run ExtendSim models built in ExtendSim 9 or earlier. For running models built in ExtendSim 10, use ExtendSim 10 Analysis RunTime.